March 7, 2017
YWCA Central Massachusetts
1 Salem Square
Next to the Worcester Public Library
International Women’s Day is a worldwide event celebrating the achievements of women while calling for greater equality. Join us for an inspiring evening as we honor women’s experiences, address challenging issues, and celebrate who we are. Join us for performances, refreshments and more!
This year, Be Bold for Change! Advocate and take actions that truly drive change for women. Do you want to advocate for gender equity but don’t know where to start? Here are just a few actions you can take to advocate for social justice.
- Contact your elected officials and tell them that you support policies that promote gender equity.
- Write an op-ed or letter to the editor about gender equity issues.
- Be civically active. Get involved in local social justice organizations and/or local government. Volunteer your time and talent.
- Speak up! Use your voice against injustice.
- Show your support to businesses, organizations, artists, authors, and others who promote social justice.
We want to know how you will #BeBoldForChange this year! You can show your support by downloading and printing one of the signs below, taking a photo of yourself with it, and posting it on facebook or twitter with the hashtags #BeBoldForChange and #IWD2017. Tag some friends and challenge them to do the same! We may just feature you on our social media! Together, we can work towards eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all!